Recycle Your Junk Car
We Buy Your Junk Car, We Recycle Your unused vehicle and Everyone Wins
When you look outside your front window and see that old clunker rusting in your driveway, you probably feel frustrated because you might not know what to do about it. However, there is a solution which helps you, helps the environment and helps us all. Even better than that – you can get paid for it!
Junk it Florida specializes in the removal and recycling of junk cars. Whether you’ve got an old jalopy that barely runs and couldn’t be given away or a vehicle that has given up the ghost, we can help. You simply call us with the make, model, and year and we’ll provide you with a fair and honest cash offer for that scrap automobile. We’ll come and pick it up for free and give you cash right then and there.
Don’t let that old car go to waste, turn it into a profitable opportunity. Sell your car. Get paid, get it out of the way and do your part to make things a little better.
The Benefits of Auto Recycling
Did you know that the majority of your car is made from steel? Recycling the steel from cars saves natural resources as well as energy. For example, the process of recycling steel takes only about one-fourth of the energy it does to manufacture new steel. This means that the steel industry in the U.S. alone saves enough energy by using recycled steel to power about 18 million homes per year!
- Recycling steel saves approximately 85 million barrels of oil each year
- Steel recycling keeps 11 million tons of steel out of the landfills each year along with about 800,000 tons of Ferris metals as well.
- Auto recycling programs are able to capture and reuse a great deal of mercury that was often used in cars before 2003.
The Junk Car Recycling Process
When we purchase or are given a junk car to recycle, Junk It Florida follows a very strict set of procedures. This ensures not only that we can reuse the maximum amount of an old car that is possible but keeps health, safety and environmental hazards to a minimum.
We begin by testing the engine for leaks. If it no longer runs, we remove all fluids, such as oil, gas, transmission, brake and other fluids from the vehicle. We will even remove the sodium from the airbag system. We then take out all of the non-steel parts and finally we shred or crush the steel shell of the vehicle and send the steel back for re-purposing.
- On average, car bodies contain about 65% steel. Additionally, most new cars today are made with about 25% recycled steel.
- Did you know that recycling 1 ton of steel conserves 2,500 pounds of iron ore, 1,400 pounds of coal and about 120 pounds of limestone?
- Approximately 10 million vehicles are recycled annually
- Cars are the #1 recycled product in the U.S. today
Junk It Florida is very proud of our more than 20 years in the salvage business. We not only contribute to a better environment, offer inexpensive parts for other vehicles but we can help people like yourself turn an old junk car or an old car that barely runs into a profitable solution. Contact us today to learn how fast and easy it is to sell your junk car and get cash!